Village was evacuated in 1980 as it was in the watershed area for the construction of the Starina Reservoir. Only the church appears to remain.
Dara originally belonged to the feudal dominion of Humenné. In 1787 ownership passed to the Révészóy (Révészov) noble family, having 83 houses and 550 inhabitants. In 1828 there were only 24 houses and 182 inhabitants in 1828. In the 14th century it belonged to the noble Zámbory family. During it's history, its inhabitants were employed in agriculture and as wood-workers.
Source: Vlastivedný Slovník Obcí na Slovensku Bratislava 1977
This village is now a part of the Poloniny National Park.
1598 Dara. It belonged to the town of Humenné, and in the 1787 to nobles Révészóy (Révészov) when it got 83 houses and 550 inhabitants ( but only 24 houses and 182 inhabitants in 1828). In the XIX century it belonged to nobles Zámbory. During the History, its inhabitants were occupied in agriculture and as wood-workers.
Source: Roberto Cannoni, Italy
2000 Photo Credit: Mick Sura
Links to off-site webs will open in a new window. Please disable your pop-up stopper.
Last Update: 03 November 2009